Hitlist - Theatre
- Allan Radcliffe
- 19 February 2009
● Crocosmia / The Night Flyer Triumphant return to the Arches for this pair of provocative, visually-stunning Brick Award-winning shows, both of which went onto highly acclaimed runs at the Edinburgh Fringe. Arches, Glasgow, Tue 24–Thu 26 Feb.
● Educating Rita Jeremy Raison directs this revival of Willy Russell’s enduring two-hander. Citizens’ Theatre, Glasgow, until Sat 7 Mar.
● Year of the Horse Experimental theatre piece created by Tam Dean Burn, structured around the 52 visceral political cartoons Harry Horse published in the Sunday Herald. Tron Theatre, Glasgow, Thu 19–Sat 28 Feb.
● The Mystery of Irma Vep Charles Ludlam’s camp epic presents a pastiche of classic black and white horror films of the 1940s and 50s, with appearances from the Wolf Man, the Mummy and even Mrs Danvers from Rebecca. Royal Lyceum Theatre, Edinburgh, Fri 20 Feb–Sat 14 Mar.
● Companhia Paulo Ribeiro The Portuguese choreographer presents his new works Masculine and Feminine, inspired by his youthful fascination with the late poet, Fernando Pessoa, as part of New Territories. Tramway, Glasgow, Fri 27 & Sat 28 Feb.
● Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf Dundee Rep takes on Edward Albee’s outrageous, discomforting classic about a middle-aged man and woman who inflict their marital train-wreck on a younger couple. Dundee Rep, Sat 28 Feb–Sat 21 Mar.