Hitlist - Kids
- Kelly Apter
- 19 February 2009
● Peter Pan A thrilling new production of the JM Barrie classic, performed by companies from three nations: the Children’s Theatre Company from Minneapolis, USA, Italian shadow puppet artist, Fabrizio Montecchi and Scotland’s own Visible Fictions. Platform, Glasgow, Thu 26–Sat 28 Feb.
● LazyTown Live – The Pirate Adventure Join Sportacus, Stephanie, Robbie Rotten and the rest of the gang, as the hugely popular TV show returns to the live stage. Edinburgh Festival Theatre, Wed 25 Feb–Sun 1 Mar.
● Baby Loves Disco Hankering after your clubbing days now that baby’s arrived to fill up your time? Then dust off your dancing shoes and prepare for an afternoon of disco ball boogie with your little one. Corn Exchange, Edinburgh, Sun 1 Mar.
● That’s Rubbish Let the little ones learn the basic principles of ‘reduce, re-use, recycle’ at this entertaining puppet show by Dragonfly Dreaming, featuring Skiprat and his giant yellow skip. Also, look out for their tie-in craft workshop, ‘What’s Rubbish?’ earlier in the day. Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre, Glasgow, Sat 28 Feb.
● Rocking Rascals The second of two nightclub-style afternoons for kids and parents/carers happening this fortnight. This one is more rocky than disco, but the basic premise – getting down with your nippers – remains the same. Code Nightclub, Linlithgow, Sat 28 Feb.