Hitlist: Visual Art
● Donna Wilson: Escape to the Woods Scots textile designer Donna Wilson’s dolls and purposely sickly-hued furniture inhabit their own strange world of cartoonish archetypes. The cast includes Canibdoll, who is ‘always hungry’ and Rudie Raccoon among others. The Lighthouse, Glasgow, until Sun 1 Mar.
● Jonathan Owen Sculptor Owen’s second solo show at Doggerfisher explores the artist’s post-suburban pre-occupations on a grand scale, presenting and subverting the articles of suburban life in what he calls ‘acts of careful vandalism’. Doggerfisher, Edinburgh, Fri 6 Feb–Sat 28 Mar.
● Claire Barclay Scottish sculptor Barclay’s Openwide is a major solo exhibition of new and existing work. Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh, Sat 7 Feb–Sun 12 Apr.
● National Review of Live Art The NRLA returns to its original home at the Arches with five days of experimental live art from internationally renowned practitioners such as Franko B, Dominic Johnson and Raimund Hoghe. The Arches, Glasgow, Wed 11–Sun 15 Feb.
● Desire Lines Talbot Rice may be closing its doors for a while due to refurbishment, but the gallery has invited a selection of artists to create work for display across Edinburgh University’s campus, including Miranda Blennerhassett, Alec Finlay, Iain Kettles, Chad McCail and Ellen Munro. Edinburgh University Campus, Sat 14 Feb–Sat 20 Jun.