Hitlist - Theatre
● Sub Rosa Maverick theatre-maker David Leddy conducts audiences through the backstage spaces of the Citz in this Victorian promenade show. Citizens’ Theatre, Glasgow, Mon 19–Sat 31 Jan.
● Cinderella Last chance to see the dream team of Gerard Kelly, Karen Dunbar and Andy Gray in this spot-on traditional panto, complete with fart gags, singalongs and sweetie showers. Oh yes they do! King’s, Glasgow, until Sun 11 Jan.
● Sleeping Beauty Award-winning artistic director Ashley Page revives Scottish Ballet’s acclaimed version of the classic fairytale. A welcome winter warmer. Edinburgh Festival Theatre, until Sat 10 Jan.
● Be Near Me Before embarking on an extensive English and Scottish tour, this stage version by Ian McDiarmid of the acclaimed novel by Andrew O’Hagan premiers in Kilmarnock courtesy of the National Theatre of Scotland and London’s Donmar. Palace Theatre, Kilmarnock, Wed 14–Sat 17 Jan.
● The Man Who Had All the Luck Director John Dove brings another Arthur Miller play to the Lyceum following previous successes with All My Sons and Death of a Salesman. Royal Lyceum, Edinburgh, Fri 16 Jan–Sat 14 Feb.
● Fame It’s time to head back to the decade that fashion forgot in the company of X Factor’s Beverley Trotman and a 30-strong cast, recreating the excitement of New York’s High School for the Performing Arts in this touring production. Playhouse, Edinburgh, until Sat 17 Jan; King’s, Glasgow, Mon 19–Sat 24 Jan.