Britney Spears' son's chicken allergy
- Bang Showbiz
- 12 November 2008
Britney Spears' two-year-old son Jayden James' recent hospitalisation was due to an allergic reaction to fried chicken, doctors believe
Britney Spears' son Jayden James' recent hospitalisation was down to an allergic reaction to fried chicken, doctors believe.
The two-year-old tot - who was rushed to Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center in Kentwood, Louisiana, on Sunday (09.11.08) after suffering a suspected seizure and going into a "vague and unresponsive state" - had eaten the food from a nearby takeaway establishment an hour before falling ill.
While he was at the medical centre, doctors performed a variety of tests on Jayden in a bid to discover what had caused the terrifying reaction.
A statement posted on Britney's website yesterday (11.11.08) read: "Doctors concluded he had a reaction to something he ingested."
Jayden has now been discharged from hospital after being treated.
Meanwhile, Mark Vincent Kaplan - the attorney for Kevin Federline, Britney's ex-husband and primary carer of Jayden and the couple's other son, three-year-old Sean Preston - revealed Kevin was impressed with the way 26-year-old Britney had dealt with the situation.
Kaplan said: "I think that whatever it is, a food allergy or some other case, we don't know yet. We're pleased that someone was aware enough to see that he was having some sort of reaction and do what was necessary to make sure there were no chances taken and got Jayden to the appropriate facility and got the appropriate evaluation to be timely.
"I anticipate that Kevin and Britney as concerned parents will exchange information and satisfy themselves that what happened was a freak occurrence and do what they have to do to make sure that it doesn't happen again."