Harry Enfield's legendary laughter
British comedian Harry Enfield was honoured with the Legend award at the Loaded LAFTA awards in London yesterday (02.10.08)
British comedian Harry Enfield was honoured with the Legend award at the Loaded LAFTA awards yesterday (02.10.08).
The TV comic star was given the accolade in recognition of his long career at the men's magazines annual ceremony.
Harry joked: "I'm thrilled to be a Loaded Legend! I've read every edition of Loaded from cover to cover since it was first published in 1908 - to actually be in it is amazing. And to get an award and free alcohol is like a dream come true."
Both Leigh Francis and Paul Kaye picked up gongs for playing alter egos. Leigh - better known as Bo Selecta's Avid Merrion - was named Funniest Man for his portrayal of Keith Lemon, while Paul Kaye, whose most famous portraying outrageous red carpet reporter Dennis Pennis, picked up the Funniest TV Personality gong.
London Mayor Boris Johnson scooped the Joker Award, beating TV presenter Fern Britton and 'Canoe Couple' John and Anne Darwin, Calum Best - who gave up sex for a TV show - and Sienna Miller's married lover Balthazar Getty.
Loaded Editor Martin Daubney said: "This year's LAFTAS proves yet again that comedy is the lifeblood of Britain. From legends such as Harry Enfield to shows like 'My Name Is Earl, the UK loves to laugh.”
Full list of winners at the Loaded LAFTAS with NIVEA FOR MEN:
- Funniest Man - Leigh Francis
- Funniest Woman - Ruth Jones
- Funniest TV Show - 'My Name Is Earl'
- Funniest Film - 'In Bruges'
- Best Stand-up - Jimmy Carr
- Funniest TV personality - Paul Kaye
- Funniest Double Act - Adam and Joe
- Funniest Radio Show - Scott Mills - BBC Radio 1
- Funniest Reality TV Personality - Michael Sophocles - The Apprentice
- Funniest Online Moment - Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse - playing with mice - You Tube
- Funniest Newspaper Columnist - Gordon Smart - The Sun
- Joker Award - Boris Johnson - for somehow managing to get the top job in London