Anne Hegerty: Lockdown saved me from a breakdown
- Bang Showbiz
- 22 April 2021
Anne Hegerty has enjoyed a great time amid the coronavirus lockdown
Anne Hegerty thinks the coronavirus lockdown saved her from a breakdown.
The 62-year-old TV personality – who is best known for starring on 'The Chase' – believes the lockdown has been a saviour for her, as it's allowed her to take a step back from her working life.
She said: "By the time lockdown came in, I was so burnt out, I'd had something like three colds in the space of five months because I was rushing around from place to place and suddenly having sobbing fits in the car.
"I really was, because there was just so much on my plate, there were so many things I was planning on.
"I look now at my diary for the beginning of last year and I think, 'Well, you kind of were about to have a breakdown.'"
The London-born star has relished having so much free time amid the lockdown.
And Anne realises that she's been lucky, compared to many other people, over the last 12 months or so.
She told the Daily Express newspaper: "What I have learnt most about the past year was that I absolutely do loving having loads of free time.
"Obviously there are some things I love doing, like 'Britain's Brightest Family', which is recorded in Manchester. I am absolutely fine with driving back to Manchester and sleeping in my own bed. I haven't slept in a bed that wasn't my own since January 7 last year and honestly, that's brilliant.
"So whereas everyone else has suffered in lockdown, I've had a great time. I had money in the bank. And i knew there would be work to go back to. And I really liked having tonnes of unfilled free time. Plus I love my own company. I love my solitude."