List picks: Visual art
- The List
- 4 September 2008
Idolon at Arches Live!
- Arches Live! The annual festival of experimental art and theatre returns to Glasgow, this time under the auspices of new Arches artistic director Jackie Wylie. The Arches, Glasgow, Thu 18-Sun 28 Sep.
- Susan Collis This playful installation, inspired by the building site from which the new Ingleby Gallery emerged, is the first solo show from the young Scottish artist. Ingleby Gallery, Edinburgh, until Wed 24 Sep.
- Kate Davis: Outsider New Zealand-born artist Davis explores the relationship between viewer and artwork. Sorcha Dallas, Glasgow, until Sat 27 Sep.
- Steven Campbell: Wretched Stars, Inflatable Heaven This powerful, affecting exhibition of works over two galleries suggests that the late Campbell's star is still on the rise. Glasgow Print Studio, until Sun 28 Sep; Glasgow School of Art, until Sat 11 Oct.
- Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller Cardiff and Miller's exhibition completely immerses the viewer in a series of perfectly-realised works, which include sound sculptures, architectural installations and projections. Fruitmarket, Edinburgh, until Sun 28 Sep.
- The Lighthouse Architecture Series: Gareth Hoskins Architects The first in a series of exhibitions focusing on architectural practices. The Lighthouse, Glasgow, Fri 12 Sep-Sun 2 Nov.
- Sister Corita: Power Up A small but engaging exhibition of work by the pioneering 60s political pop artist, who also happened to be a Roman Catholic nun. DCA Print Gallery, Dundee, Wed 17 Sep-Tue 4 Nov.