Declan Donnelly's £5m home 'targeted by burglars as he slept'
- Bang Showbiz
- 7 April 2021
Declan Donnelly and his wife Ali's £5 million west London home was reportedly targeted by burglars as he and his family slept
Declan Donnelly's £5 million home was reportedly targeted by burglars as he and his family slept.
The 'Saturday Night Takeaway' co-host, his wife Ali, 43, and their two-year-old daughter Isla were said to be upstairs when the suspects failed to open the iron gates at their seven-bedroom house in west London in the early hours of Monday (05.04.21), but the couple were unaware of the attempted break-in until police notified them.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Dec and Ali weren’t disturbed. The first they realised anything was amiss was in the morning.
"The robbers couldn’t force the gates open and that’s what made them give up, and flee."The couple were said to have been left shaken by the incident.
On Tuesday (06.04.21), police were analysing CCTV, carrying out forensic checks at the house, and door-to-door inquiries in the star's street, where his co-host Ant McPartlin previously resided.
The Met Police said: "Police were called at approximately 00:40hrs to reports of an attempted burglary at a residential property.
"Officers attended. The suspects had left the scene prior to police arrival. There was no evidence that they had gained access to the property.
"Inquiries are ongoing. At this early stage, there have been no arrests."
One of the pair's neighbours hoped it wouldn't put the couple off living on the street.
They told the publication: "The police arrived very soon after the car drove off.
"They are lovely neighbours. I hope it doesn’t scare them off from living here."
Ant moved out of the street when he split from his ex-wife Lisa Armstrong, but the make-up artist is still thought to live on the road.