Motsi Mabuse signs up for stage tour at same time as Strictly Come Dancing
- Bang Showbiz
- 28 March 2021
Motsi Mabuse could be set to miss the new series of 'Strictly Come Dancing'
Motsi Mabuse has reportedly signed up for the stage tour of Germany's 'Strictly Come Dancing' – even though it clashes with the UK version of the show.
The 39-year-old dancer – who lives in Frankfurt – remains in negotiations with the BBC for the new series of 'Strictly', but her decision to commit to the tour in Germany has apparently caused panic among TV bosses.
A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: "Producers have been pulling their hair out as they struggle to get all of their judges in the right place for the live shows.
"Motsi’s fans in Germany are buying show tickets expecting to see her live.
"Pre-COVID it was easy for talent to jet in and out of the UK for the night, but with travel restrictions it’s much harder.
"Producers want to avoid relying too much on video links, especially as they’re paying big money for talent. It’s a real schedule clash."
Motsi previously admitted to being uncertain about her future on the show.
She said: "I don’t know if I’ll do the next 'Strictly' or not. They haven’t asked me yet but if they do I will definitely be back."
The dancer also revealed that appearing on the programme's judging panel has become one of her biggest money earners.
She shared: "At the moment most of my income is from events, or associations with companies like Weight Watchers or from the fee for 'Strictly Come Dancing'."
Despite this, a BBC spokesperson has suggested the broadcaster still expects Motsi to return for the new series of 'Strictly', which starts in September.
The spokesperson said: "Motsi will be doing the next series, we will be working out the schedule as we have done in the past."