'I will be OK': Abbie Quinnen breaks silence after suffering burns following fire accident

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 22 March 2021
AJ Pritchard and Abbie Quinnen

Abbie Quinnen and AJ Pritchard

Dancer Abbie Quinnen has reassured fans she will "be OK" after she suffered burns seven weeks ago when a social media stunt, in which she and boyfriend AJ Pritchard attempt to cut a glass bottle to make a vase, went "terribly wrong"

Abbie Quinnen has broken her silence to tell fans she will "be OK" after suffering burns when a social media stunt went "terribly wrong".

The 23-year-old dancer – who is the girlfriend of former 'Strictly Come Dancing' star AJ Pritchard – has been receiving hospital treatment for the past seven weeks after the 'life hack' video incident, in which the pair were trying to cut a glass bottle to make a vase, and she has urged others to be careful when attempting to replicate what they see on YouTube videos.

She wrote on Instagram: "I am sad I have been absent in the last few weeks and haven’t posted much with AJ, we so desperately wanted to be able to share daily vlogs with you all but unfortunately I have had an accident.

"Whilst we were attempting to create a glass bottle into a vase following a YouTube tutorial it went terribly wrong and it resulted in me incurring injuries and burns requiring continuous hospital treatment over the past seven weeks.

"I really need you all to be careful with what you’re doing and if you’re copying any YouTube videos. I will be OK, I love you all. (sic)"

The model also thanked the doctors and nurses at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital's Paediatric Burns Unit.

She added: "I also want to say a massive thank you to the nurses and doctors and the Chelsea & Westminster burns unit for their incredible care and treatment. (sic)"

It was revealed yesterday (21.03.21) that Abbie suffered third-degree burns after a blazing wine bottle exploded in her face and set her hair and clothing alight, when she and AJ were filming a social media video.

A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: "Abbie was shocked and in a great deal of pain but AJ sprang into action to put out the fire with a wet tea towel.

"He was terrified himself but he did all he could to stop her from burning."

Abbie is said to have made 20 hospital visits after the risky trick – which involved dipping a rope into a flammable chemical, before wrapping it around the bottle and lighting a flame to it – went badly wrong.

The source added: "AJ and Abbie were stuck at home during lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.

"But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s whole upper body went up in flames.

"It all happened very quickly. It was like something from a horror film.

"It’s been an extremely difficult and testing time for them but she’s on the road to recovery."

Post a comment