AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen suffers burns after social media stunt goes wrong

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 21 March 2021
AJ Pritchard and Abbie Quinnen

AJ Pritchard and Abbie Quinnen

AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen suffered third degree-burns after a social media stunt the pair were filming went badly wrong

AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen has suffered burns after an online stunt went badly wrong.

A blazing wine bottle exploded in Abbie's face and set her hair and clothing alight and causing her third-degree burns.

Former 'Strictly Come Dancing' star AJ was able to douse the flames and called an ambulance – although he and his brother Curtis drove Abbie to hospital herself after being told that medics would take a while to arrive.

A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “Abbie was shocked and in a great deal of pain but AJ sprang into action to put out the fire with a wet tea towel.

“He was terrified himself but he did all he could to stop her from burning.”

Professional dancer Abbie, 23, has since made 20 hospital visits as doctors try to save her face and arms from severe scarring from the accident – which happened as the pair filmed a 'life hack' video for their social media followers, in which they showed how to cut a glass bottle in half to be used a vase.

The risky trick involved dipping a rope into a flammable chemical, before wrapping it around the bottle and lighting a flame to it.

The source added: "AJ and Abbie were stuck at home during lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.

"But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s whole upper body went up in flames.

"It all happened very quickly. It was like something from a horror film."

The insider added that Abbie is on "the road to recovery", with AJ, 26, said to have become her full-time nurse since the incident.

They said: "It’s been an extremely difficult and testing time for them but she’s on the road to recovery."

Post a comment