The Flying Duck, Mono and Stereo announce Pop Mutations

Glasgow's The Flying Duck, Mono and Stereo announce Pop Mutations

Team behind the beloved Glasgow venues to host a three-day virtual festival

With uncertainty around the future of live gigs remaining a major cause of anxiety amongst everyone in the music industry, venues, artists and organisations are doing all they can to keep the industry alive and to keep audiences connected with their favourite artists. With this in mind, the latest initiative to come out of Scotland is Pop Mutations, an inaugural music and culture festival from the in-house booking team behind Glasgow's The Flying Duck, Mono and Stereo. The three-day virtual festival, scheduled to take place from Fri 26–Sun 28 Jun, will see a host of streams from a huge mix of local and international acts, plus talks, DIY tutorials and exhibitions, all of which can be enjoyed from home.

The three music venues and vegan cafe/bars have an excellent reputation in Scotland and beyond for their support and promotion of the local underground and DIY scene, with a strong track record of providing platforms and spaces for new artists, collaborators and promoters. As a result, each venue and its in-house booking team has been successful in programming some of the best music, art, poetry, performance, film and club events in Scotland.

Pop Mutations will be a celebration, not only of the incredible artists that have performed at all three venues in the past, but also of the wider talent that exists locally and internationally. The already jam-packed line-up of acts, artists and hosts includes 12th Isle, Clyde Built Radio, Healthy in conversation with DJ Marcelle, Heir of The Cursed, Kapil Seshasayee, Molly Linen, Monorail Music, Nightwave, Ribeka, Romeo Taylor, Savage Mansion, Sofay, TAAHLIAH and Third Ear Yoga, just to name a few.

Access to the virtual festival is free-to-all over the weekend and donation links will be provided on their website, social media and on every streaming event. All donations will be split with 60% of proceeds going to artists, hosts, performers or their chosen charity. The remaining 40% will be being donated to Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights (CRER), a Scottish strategic racial equality charity, based in Glasgow.

Pop Mutations takes place online from Fri 26–Sun 28 Jun. Find out more at popmutations.com.

Pop Mutations

The team behind The Flying Duck, Mono and Stereo host this three-day virtual celebration of music and culture, featuring streams from local and international acts, as well as talks, tutorials and exhibitions. Featured artists include 12th Isle, Clyde Built Radio, Healthy in conversation with DJ Marcelle, Heir of The…

Post a comment