Childish Gambino's injury causes cancelled concerts
- Bang Showbiz
- 29 October 2018
Childish Gambino has announced he is cancelling a string of planned live performances in Europe and Australia as he recovers from a foot injury
Childish Gambino has rescheduled a series of upcoming shows due to a foot injury.
The 35-year-old rapper-and-singer – whose real name is Donald Glover – was forced to cancel the final few dates of his 'This Is America' tour in the US following an injury he incurred while on stage in Dallas last month, and, unfortunately for fans, he has announced he is cancelling a string of planned live performances in Europe and Australia as he recovers.
The 'Redbone' rapper apologised to fans and insisted he needed more time to recover as he is unable to put on "100 per cent shows".
In a statement, he said: "I'm not ready to put on 100 per cent shows. apologies to the fans. I will be back soon."
The producer of the tour continued: "[Donald is] not confident of being able to perform at his full capacity and deliver the shows he had been planning."
The '3005' hitmaker has rescheduled his show at London's O2 Arena on November 4 for March 24, 2019 and tickets will remain valid for this date while those who can't attend the new date will be given a full refund.
An official at the Dallas venue had told TMZ that the singer had broken his foot, and a concert-goer claimed he was attempting a dance move when he hurt himself further.
Audience members were said to be confused about whether he was returning for an encore, because he didn't play fan favourites 'Redbone' and '3005' before exiting the stage.
It has also been claimed he may have aggravated a pre-existing injury after Donald is said to have arrived for a performance in Vegas at the iHeartRadio Music Festival last Friday (21.09.18) in a wheelchair and leg brace.
Earlier this month, Donald told fans at his Atlanta concert this would be his last ever tour.