5 Travel Books
- Ellie Nielsen Our Own Piece of Paris Subtitled ‘How We Fell in Love with the City of Light’, this follows one woman’s quest to find an apartment that oozes Parisian chic. Atlantic.
- Kapka Kassabova Street Without a Name Subtitled ‘Childhood and Other Misadventures in Bulgaria’, this Edinburgh-based writer returns to her homeland and uncovers some strange people and places. Portobello.
- Dan Walsh These Are the Days That Must Happen to You The angry, narcotic-fuelled world jaunts of a columnist for Bike magazine. Century.
- Eric Weiner The Geography of Bliss An anti-‘axis of evil’ voyage as this US writer drops in on some of the most contented spots on the planet, Switzerland, Bhutan and Qatar among them. Black Swan.
- Brian Winter Long After Midnight at the Niño Bien A trip through Argentina’s nice bits as the author follows his lifelong passion for tango. Heinemann.