Terms & Conditions
This website is owned by The List Limited ("The List", "we", "our" or "us"). Our main place of business is 14 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1TE, Scotland, United Kingdom (SC 095153). This website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and these terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Scotland.
By using the website you ("user", "users", "visitors") acknowledge and agree that:
- Copyright in the website is owned by The List and all rights are reserved. The website is protected by both copyright and database rights. The contents of this website are the copyright of The List (or under agreement from a copyright owning partner), including any comments, reviews, photos, data or any other material that users of the service contribute. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content of the website, in whole or in part without the prior written agreement of The List. All permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, shall require the user to agree that there shall be no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice and shall include links to this website.
- Individuals or organisations who supply or make content available including comments, reviews, photos, data or any other material, via the website or via means of email, ftp, url or other method, do so under these terms and conditions unless an agreement signed by both parties has been executed.
- The permitted re-use of content through RSS, widget or other supply or feed mechanism that may from time to time be offered on the website or otherwise, unless covered by another written agreement with The List, are subject to all terms and conditions herein. In particular such permitted re-use shall be subject to ensuring that no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You will consider the risks involved in using any content and accept that, notwithstanding the testing and tuning we have undertaken, that the use of a supply or feed mechanism in any form may have an adverse impact on the speed of your device or web site.
- The List is the registered trademark of The List Limited. The names, images and logos identifying The List and its products and services are proprietary marks of The List, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and The List reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
- The List provides the content in good faith but no guarantee or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Use of content on the website is at your own risk.
- While The List takes reasonable precautions on the website to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs no liability is accepted for them. Connection to this site will be transmitted via public networks, and The List makes no warranty or representation that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
- This website contains links to other websites, including booking links. The List is not responsible or liable for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the website does not imply endorsement by The List of the linked site and The List offers no guarantee or liability for the efficient operation of these sites. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk. Please note that these Terms and Conditions apply solely to this website and not to any linked third party sites.
- The List keeps track of the number of visitors to its website, the pages they visit and how long they stay. We also collect information from visitors, including click data on advertisements, so that we are able to measure interest, tailor the presentation, and otherwise personalise our service. We will inform advertisers and partners about the number of visitors their advert has generated and other user behaviour.
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time. Continued access or use of the Service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to these terms and conditions.
You agree to use the RSS, widget or other supply or feed only to provide summaries, each with a functional link to the associated story on our website that shall display the full content immediately (e.g., no jump pages or other intermediate or interstitial pages). You further agree not to frame or otherwise control the browser window (if any) in which our content opens, including limiting the size or position of such window. The List reserves the right to alter, modify or withdraw any RSS or feed without notice and provides no service level agreement for speed or uptime. We may determine that a supply or feed mechanism is placing an unacceptable processing burden and withdraw the service.
Copies, re-prints, commercial access and CLA licensed use
The List supply content under licence to external organisations. All enquiries related to commercial reuse should be addressed to email@example.com
The List are members of the PLS and consent to use of content under several CLA licences. A summary of these licences and their terms is available from the CLA.
The website includes a comment and user review system (collectively Comments) and we aim to establish exchange of information and opinions about the events and places we list.
Users submitting Comments are requested to follow our guidelines and must comply with the law. This will enable dissent and debate to be a healthy part of such exchange.
- Comments should be focused on the topic addressed and avoid swear words. Use of CAPITAL LETTERS is nearly always unhelpful.
- Users value well presented and written material: The List will remove Comments that are poorly presented.
- Comments should only submit URLs that are directly relevant to the place or event. Obviously commercial or spam-like contributions will be removed.
- Users should not submit Comments that could harass on grounds of sex, race, gender or disability, or is offensive to others sexuality.
- Users should not submit Comments that are obscene, threatening, menacing, abusive, or in breach of confidence.
- Users must avoid Comments that identify an individual in an invidious manner. The List will remove Comments that may be libelous.
- Users must not post material which is the copyright of a third party.
The List reserves the right to edit or delete comments without reason.
By your use of the comment system you indicate your consent to The List, at its discretion, determining that a breach of these guidelines shall be deemed a breach of our terms and conditions of use of the website.
- your name, occupation and job title
- postal/e-mail address
- details about services you specifically request
- details from documents you complete on-line
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- send service-related information to you which we think may be of relevance/interest to you
- send information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive communications
- provide other companies, such as advertisers, with statistical information about our clients, (but we will not provide them with information which can be used to identify any individual client or contact)
- pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professionals and third parties, but only for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual obligations to you
- request optional information such as your interests in order to provide more tailored products and services to you (e.g. through internal research, data analysis, market research and product research)
Sale of services and products on sites owned by The List Ltd.
The sites include www.list.co.uk, film.list.co.uk, edinburghfestival.list.co.uk and thelarder.net. These are general terms and conditions for services and products offered on the websites which are provided by The List Ltd, and in some cases an operating company or business unit within the group. The LIST Card is sold subject to its own specific Terms and Conditions (and which take precedence in any instance of conflict with the terms and conditions herein). Substitute products and services will not be provided unless specifically agreed with you. You have the right to return the goods and receive a refund within fourteen days of purchase except in the case of the sale of an issue of any magazine, any digital product which the consumer has unsealed or otherwise started using, or other product which by its nature has a time specific value (e.g. an event ticket). We will refund your postage costs for returning goods on request. When you make a purchase from the Shop (e.g. purchasing a subscription or a single copy of the current issue) you will receive written confirmation of your transaction. All queries related to the supply of products or services should be made to The List Ltd, 14 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1TE or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors to our site may opt to receive communications via a variety of means including email newsletters that contains information we believe to be of interest. You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by ticking the relevant data protection boxes whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website. If you have previously not objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to 14 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1TE or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
If you leave this website via a link to a website operated by a third party, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide while visiting such websites and the terms and conditions of that site will cover your usage. Your visit to any other sites, and any transactions you may undertake, will be under the terms and conditions of that site. Furthermore The List, and any partner sites directly linked from www.list.co.uk do not accept any responsibility for purchases, or liability for any damages.
In every case you should exercise caution and look at the terms and conditions and privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By using the website and not advising us to the contrary, you agree to us using the data in the way set out in these terms and conditions. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Under this Act, you may request details of personal information that we hold about you. You may be charged a small administration fee of no more than £10 for this information. If you want to make a request, or if you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you should write to the Data Protection Compliance Officer at The List at the above address. Any information that is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
|* Persistent if you tick the "remember me" checkbox when signing in, otherwise a session cookie is used.
Session cookies last only until you close your web browser.
|DIS||persistent||distance in miles||stores a distance from your location in which to search|
|FAV||persistent||venue IDs||stores your chosen favourite venues|
|LOC||persistent||latitude, longitude and location name||stores your chosen location for use in searches|
|LOCNEW||session||location name including region||displays a confirmation of a newly set location (if you have auto-detected your location)|
|LOCPRV||persistent||latitudes, longitudes and location names||up to three previously stored locations for quick access when changing location|
|PHPSESSID||session||random ID||identifies your shopping basket while you use our shop|
|PRTNR||session||affiliate ID||indicates you have visited list.co.uk by following a link on the website of one of our partners|
|SCHPRV||session||search field values||search criteria you have used today, so that the search form can be pre-filled for subsequent searches|
|U||persistent or session *||user ID||indicates that you have signed in|
We use Google Analytics to record traffic volumes. You can read about the cookies which Google Analytics uses and/or install a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
By using this service, the user represents and warrants that he or she will not use the service in any manner that would violate these Terms and Conditions or any third party's copyright, intellectual property, or other rights. Any violations or potential violations should promptly be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for The List's Competitions and Offers
The List runs Competitions and Offers from time to time in print and on our sites for the benefit of readers. The following general rules apply:
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Offers are subject to availability.
- Only original List magazine vouchers or if provided prints of list.co.uk vouchers may be used (as specified in the individual offer).
- Prize will be drawn within one week of closing date.
- Only the winners will be contacted personally.
- Winners will be notified by telephone or email.
- As prizes may be time sensitive, if we are unable to reach you by phone, we may re-draw the competition.
- Entrants must provide the entry details as specified.
- Entrants may be required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Offers and prizes are not transferable.
- No purchase necessary.
- Employees of The List and any company associated with specific promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter competitions.
- Proof of sending post/email is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is as specified.
- The prize must be collected, if appropriate, within one month of notification.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize or offer and no other prize is available for request. But in the event of the advertised prize being unavailable The List reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- The List reserves the right to amend these rules from time to time.
- The prize winners will be selected at random by The List. The List's decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- The List will not pass on entrant's personal details to any other organisation without their permission, except if necessary for the purpose of awarding the prize or if the entrant has agreed to a competition's specific terms and conditions whereby it is stipulated that details will be shared.
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NEITHER THE LIST NOR ANY GROUP COMPANY, SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, OR ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "THE LIST") SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO PREVENT THE RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF THE LIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).