Institut Français d'Ecosse
- Telephone 0131 225 5366
- Opening times Mon–Wed & Fri 9.30am–6.30pm (Thu until 8.30pm); Sat 10am–1pm.
- Website www.ifecosse.org.uk
The Institut Francais d'Ecosse in Edinburgh's West End exists to promote French culture and language within Scotland. This is done through a variety of language courses, hosted events such as film screenings, recitals, talks and theatre, and initiatives such as the French drama competition for primary schools. It houses in its premises Le Bistrot, a café that welcomes French food lovers all year round.
There are 4 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Bob le Flambeur (Bob the Gambler)
- 101 min
- Directed by: Jean-Pierre Melville
- Cast: Roger Duchesne, Isabelle Corey, Daniel Cauchy, Guy Decomble
Part heist movie, part 'love letter to Paris', Melville points out the glamour and danger in the city at night.
Talks, in French, about various aspects of French culture, hosted by the Institut Français.
Chnouf (Razzia sur la chnouf)
- 105 min
- Directed by: Henri Decoin
- Cast: Jean Gabin, Marcel Dalio, Lino Ventura
Henri returns to France after a successful foray to the US, with his tough guy reputation preceding him.
The Sicilian Clan (Le clan des Siciliens)
- 122 min
- Directed by: Henri Verneuil
- Cast: Jean Gabin, Alain Delon, Lino Ventura
Gabin plays the patriarch of the titular crime family plotting to hijack an airliner full of jewels.