- Telephone 0141 649 9199
- Opening times Thu–Sun 5pm–midnight; Fri/Sat 5pm–3am
- Bar open Fri/Sat 5pm–2am
- Food served Fri/Sat –10pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £12.95 (includes cocktail)
- Website www.socialanimal.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
One can't help being overwhelmed when entering Tusk; the vast, high-ceilinged former filmhouse carries off a contemporary Asian-inspired design with a luxurious flourish. At centre stage sits a giant golden Buddha, and the faint smell of incense drifts through the air. The menu could be described as bar food dressed up in an Asian style and presented beautifully on heavy slate plates. The home-made pakora has a crisp, golden shell, encompasses fresh vegetables laced with a nice, subtle spice. The Thai burger is delicious – soft, spicy meat gently infused with lemongrass and coriander, given bite by mushrooms and covered in emmental cheese. Be warned though, Tusk is one of those 'eat/drink/dance' venues – so be prepared for a waft of dry ice over your food.
- High point: The grandeur of the ballroom simply blows you away
- Low point: A corporate G1 lack of atmosphere
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: R&B, house, chart
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 150 ('with a lot of notice!')
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £12.50 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Party sounds from DJ Norman Robinson.
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Shawlands, Glasgow25 Aug 2011
What’s it like? The unofficial hub of the Southside. Young, bustling and almost completely tenement-bound, packed with pizza places, big bars and some excellent independent shopping, Shawlands also benefits from proximity to the lovely space of Queen’s…