- Telephone 0141 548 1350
- Opening times Sun–Thu 11am–2am; Fri/Sat 11am–3am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–3am.
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £12.95 (evening meal)
- Website www.maggiemays.info
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Located in the heart of the Trongate, Maggie May’s is known predominantly as a lively music spot and bar. The restaurant at the back of the venue offers ‘a wide variety of dishes with a twist of Scottish influence’, and is a good option if you are after some reasonably priced food on a night out. The fish and chips are imaginatively served in a wire basket, which looks good but makes for difficult eating as the chips are buried at the bottom. There are some appealing deals on offer such as the market menu available from 5pm, where two courses cost £11.95, three courses £14.95. If you crave stodge before your first pint, choose from the 15 types of burgers ranging from the Firecracker packed full of jalapeño peppers, or the Spanish with grilled chorizo and cheddar. For pudding, it would be rude not to try the crisp fried Mars Bar with vanilla ice-cream (‘Somebody had to do it', states the menu – did they really?), the ultimate dieter’s nightmare.
- High point: Crolla’s ice-cream served with desserts
- Low point: The dining room is too dark
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie Rock
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 65-75
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
There are 13 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Esther O'Connor fronts this pop/rock trio.
The Basement Boogie Men and Demented
Blues and folk residency.
The Fortunate Sons
Harmonious Glaswegian blues-meisters.
'Folky funky foursome' from Orkney.
Papa Shandy & the Drams
Catchy indie rock with Scottish charm from Glasgow's the Patriots.
Rainey James, Black Stone Valley and Proggy Style
Local live music.
Ripley, Ska Beat Jakes, Sincerely Yours and The Chile
Indie Rocks night with local live bands.
Sat 22 Jun
£6 (£4) / 0141 548 1350
The Rock Shop
Resident Lee Craig plays a selection of rock, indie and metal classics in Maggie's basement.
Sat 22 Jun
The Struts, The Last Party, The Responsible, Selective Service and Soldier On
Local band line-up.
Fri 5 Jul
£6 / 0141 548 1350
The Shiverin' Sheiks
Rock'n'roll, country and gospel from members of The Five Aces, Bottleneckers and Hidden Masters.