- Telephone 0141 229 1427
- Opening times Mon–Wed noon–midnight; Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Wed noon–1am; Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun noon–7pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95 (£11.95 for three-course dinner)
- Website www.thebunkerbar.com
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
For such grand subterranean dimensions, Bunker does an impressive job of always feeling busy. Even during quiet afternoons a healthy young crowd fills the bright, airy space. When lights go down and the indie/chart music gets louder, it’s busier still – and advisable to reserve a table if eating. If so, it’s hard to see beyond the hand-made burgers, which take top spot on the menu and come blackened and smoky from a chargrill that surely takes similar pride of place in the kitchen. Even the bandito’s fiery kick of chillies and pepperjack cheese doesn’t overpower the barbecued taste of the meat. Mushroom and falafel versions are available for vegetarians, and the original ‘Bunker Burger’ is on the ‘15-minute meal’ lunchtime menu. Elsewhere, modern pub classics – Thai green curry, monkfish scampi – fill a hole, but by far the most popular choices are the those burgers, with good reason.
- High point: Atmosphere…and burgers!
- Low point: Evenings can be a bit 'full-on' for some
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie, pop and chart music - more upbeat as the evening arrives
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £13 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 6 reviews of Bunker./5 from RSS feed of these comments