- Telephone 0141 353 3278
- Food served Mon–Wed 8.30am–6.30pm; Thu/Fri 8.30am–7pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 11am–5pm
- Website www.grassrootsorganic.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A mecca of healthy organic delights since 1991, this shop is the inviting home of a vegetarian deli full of freshly made salads, wraps and pastries. The daily specials, a wealth of ethical, carefully sourced produce lining the shelves and the deftly-made vegetarian choices are a tempting lure for the health-conscious. Salads are among the pick of the menu, offering a crunchy Greek salad, cumin-laden hummus, roasted aubergines and a crisp, fresh coleslaw. A sweet potato and spinach quiche is light yet fruity, and is followed well by a raw food fruit and nut ‘Christmas cake’ or a vegan uber bar packed with nuts and topped with dark chocolate. Adjoining the shop is a heathstore with equally ethical beauty and household products. Keep an eye out for various events taking place, such as foodie classes in bread baking or pasta making.
- High point: Great variety that proves just how good vegans can have it
- Low point: Takeaway only for most of the year
- Delivery: Free locally, £4 further afield
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 0
- Open since: 1991