The 13th Note Café/Bar
- Telephone 0141 553 1638
- Opening times Daily noon–midnight.
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £8.50 (lunch); £10.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.13thnote.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
Situated in a great little section of the city, The 13th Note exudes hipster cool without appearing unapproachable. A recent redecoration has freshened up the interior without losing any of its much loved ‘lived in’ look. The décor aside, people make a specific effort to come here to catch the seven-day gigs, sample the extensive vegetarian and vegan menu and the top-quality beers they supply on tap. The grilled tandoori halloumi and red pepper kebab is a flavoursome treat as is the haggis, neeps and tatties or the sticky mushroom risotto. Ethical sourcing is paramount here where even the wine is selected on principles. A bar which self identifies as ‘very dog friendly’, it’s the ideal place to bring the hound and enjoy man’s other best friend: beer, as each week brings a fresh and tasty Williams Bros guest ale.
- High point: Great place for an afternoon beer with the dog
- Low point: The back tables and chairs are not in keeping with the rest of the décor
- Notable dish: Risotto cakes in Thai curry sauce.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Every genre covered from punk to pop.
- Live entertainment: Bands/comedy/theatre/arts
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The 13th Note Café/Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments