These premises have closed.
- Telephone 0141 331 4111
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–3am; Sun 12.30pm–3am
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–3am; Sun 12.30pm–3am
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–2.45am
- Website www.frankenstein-pub.co.uk
Jump to comments
Located in a former bank, this large city centre bar is decorated to look something like Dr Frankenstein's laboratory, complete with a 10-foot monster. Booths, clustered round the central bar area, come with their own plasma TVs. Dining is also available on a mezzanine level. The menu focuses on burgers, nachos, fajitas and steaks, with themed platters called 'towers' and monstrous portions being a trademark of this chain (which has branches in Edinburgh and Aberdeen). The 14oz rib-eye steak is sourced in Scotland and the plate comes heaving with mushrooms, onion rings, tomatoes and chunky chips. The chicken burger is a boneless breast topped with bacon and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Among sweets, the 'crêpe creation' - a towering stack of thin French-style pancakes - oozes with marshmallows, butterscotch and chocolate sauce, and can be shared. From a bit past 9pm, the kitchen stops making main meals and the emphasis turns to nibbles and platters for sharing, which are served to revellers until 2.45am … or when the monster wakes up.
- High point: Big portions
- Low point: The monster's not very scary
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Live music
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle