Evening events, Talks & lectures
- Filter by:
- 17:00 to 21:00
- Talks & lectures
- Current affairs
- Visual art
- Free events
Sorted by popularity / date & time
Thursday 27 November
Part of Book Week Scotland.
Friday 28 November
- 18:00 – 19:00
- Alice Rawsthorn: Hello World – Where Design Meets Life
- 19:00 – 21:00
- By The Candle's Light …
Saturday 29 November
- 20:00 – 22:30
- Robert Lewellyn: Electric Cars Are Rubbish. Aren't They?
Sunday 30 November
Monday 1 December
The Science and Art of Brewing by Keith Lugton
- 19:00 – 21:00
- Science Meets Art
Part of Glasgow City of Science.
Tuesday 2 December
- 18:15 – 19:15
- Peter Hennessy Lecture: The Nature Of Memory: Talk
Wednesday 3 December
- 19:00 – 20:30
- Discovering People: Camila Batmanghelidjh CBE
- 19:30 – 21:00
- Perthshire Society of Natural Science Lectures
Mousa, Old Scatness and Jarlshof: the crucible of Iron Age Shetland by Dr Val Turner of Shetland Amenity Trust.
Thursday 4 December
- 18:30 – 20:00
- Le Paysage, entre art et nature
- 19:00 – 22:00
- Edinburgh Ragged University Talks
Talks include ‘One Brain, Two Languages: Bringing Up a Bilingual Child' by Madeleine Beveridge and 'Dyslexia; What It Is And How It Has Affected Me' by Alex Dunedin.
- 19:30 – 21:30
- Evening Talk: Chocolate – History, Facts and Myths
Friday 5 December
Saturday 6 December
Sunday 7 December
- 18:00 – 20:30
- An Evening with Gervase Phinn
Monday 8 December
- Café Histoire
La Restauration: Napoleon abdicates on 6 April 1814. When he lands on Elba in 4 May, Louis XVIII becomes King in Paris. After the short experience of 1791, the constitutional monarchy now seems to be the best possible regime again for the French. The period, from 1814 to 1830, seems also to be the right time to experiment with the parliamentary system.
Wildlife surgery: Surgery in wild animals faces challenges not encountered in human or domestic animal surgery. Discover how we use all our understanding of animal anatomy and physiology, combined with cutting edge human surgical science to solve these challenges.