Before 9pm, Charity
Sorted by popularity / date & time
Auction of Things Money Can't Buy
Place your bids for a host of great experiences, including minibreaks, life coaching, a trip in a Bentley and more. Of course, money can buy all those particular things, but you get the idea.
Thu 29 Jan
Entry by donation / 0131 229 7565
- 18:00 – 19:30 Auction of Things Money Can't Buy St John's Episcopal Church, Edinburgh
Bandstand Beer and Music Festival
The largest indie beer and music festival in the Highlands, boasting more than 100 real ales from all over the world, including some brewed right here at home. Expect live music, specialty food, charity stalls and a barbecue.
Thu 2 Apr
Fri 3 Apr
Sat 4 Apr
Glasgow Vet School Rodeo
A day of animal-based fun. The event is organised by Glasgow veterinary students with monies raised going to charity.
Sat 18 Apr
£7 (£3; Family £15; under 3s free)
- 11:00 – 17:00 Glasgow Vet School Rodeo Garscube Estate, Glasgow
Isabel Hospice Firewalk
Lose the shoes and walk barefoot over red-hot coals burning at over 1200ºF, all to raise funds for Isabel Hospice. Training is given by Blaze Firewalking prior to the event, and certificates are awarded at the end.
Sat 14 Mar
£25 entry fee / 01707 382500
Please note: Isabel Hospice ask that you raise at least £75 in sponsorship on top of your entry fee.
- 18:30 – 22:00 Isabel Hospice Firewalk Sherrardswood School, Welwyn
3K on the Green
A monthly 3k race on Glasgow Green with all proceeds going to charity.
Fri 30 Jan
- 12:30 3K on the Green Glasgow Green
An evening of popular and classical music for World Encephalitis Day with celebrated international singer Aliki Chrysochou.
Sun 22 Feb
£20 standard; £50 Deluxe Experience; £100 VIP Experience / 0151 709 4776
- 19:30 – 22:00 Awakenings Everyman Theatre, Liverpool
A good ol' fashioned ceilidh, with Kinlochard Ceilidh Band. There's also haggis, neeps and tatties, followed by tea or coffee.
Sat 31 Jan
£17.50 / 0141 777 5848
- 19:30 – 23:30 Ceilidh Golden Lion Hotel, Stirling
Colour Me Happy 5K
A very colourful run from Isabel Hospice, where participants start off in white, and as the 5k run progresses they get covered in multi-coloured powder paint. This event is for ages 5+, though runners aged 5–15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Sun 26 Jul
- 11:30 – 14:30 Colour Me Happy 5K Leventhorpe School Fields, Sawbridgeworth
Comic Relief Wine Fair
More than 20 wine retailers, including the Wine Society, Naked Wine, Harvey Nichols and Majestic Wine, display their selections. In addition to over 100 wines to sample, the night promises a variety of competitions and raffles to help raise money for Comic Relief. Ages 18+.
Thu 12 Mar
£20 / 0131 220 4348
- 19:00 – 21:30 Comic Relief Wine Fair Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh
Downton Abbey Themed Afternoon Tea
Take tea and cake just like the Crawley family, as you tour a privately-owned castle. Proceeds go to the Borders Children's Charity and It's Good to Give, so get donning your finest finery, darling.
Sun 1 Feb
£12 / 07946 540763
- 14:00 – 16:30 Downton Abbey Themed Afternoon Tea Wedderburn Castle, Duns
Edinburgh Napier University Centenary Choral Concert
The choir sings music by Sullivan, Stanford, Coleridge-Taylor and Elgar.
Wed 4 Feb
£7 (£5) / 0131 225 3847
- 19:30 Edinburgh Napier University Centenary Choral Concert St Andrew's and St George's Church, Edinburgh
Friendly Craft Market
An indoor market with over twenty craft artists, plus there's food if you get peckish as you peruse.
Sun 22 Feb
Sun 26 Apr
Sun 28 Jun
Gig For Gaza
An evening of music and solidarity for Gaza. Supported by MAP (Medical Aid for Palestinians).
Grand Union Challenge
A endurance challenge along the Union Canal. Chose to walk, jog or run either 25km, 50km or 100km, test the limits of your stamina and earn some serious bragging rights.
Sat 27 Jun
- 09:00 Grand Union Challenge Paddington Recreation Ground, London
On Your Bike
A sponsored bike ride from Isabel Hospice. Choose from three distances (25k, 50k and 100k) and cycle away through the countryside. But don't worry, it's not all about the pedalling – there's also a BBQ, refreshments, a bike doctor and a sports massage tent.
Sun 31 May
- 09:00 – 14:00 On Your Bike Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club
Rage The Night Rapids
A unique night time team white water rafting experience for children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Fri 27 Mar
£180 reserves a boat for 9 team members / 0845 677 0606
- 19:00 – 22:00 Rage The Night Rapids Lee Valley White Water Centre, Waltham Cross
Dr & the Medics, Carol Decker & T'Pau, Nathan Moore (Brother Beyond), Hazel Dean, Black Lace, Sonia and Feel the Force perform in aid of Rain Rescue.
Sense Scotland Firewalk
Literally walk across burning hot coals to help raise funds for Sense Scotland.
Sat 28 Feb
Free / 0300 330 9292
- 18:30 – 21:00 Sense Scotland Firewalk Queen Margaret Union, Glasgow
Songs for Freedom
Freedom from Torture fundraising concert encompassing folk, rock and Kliner.
Sat 7 Feb
£15 (£10) / 0131 650 2458
- 19:30 – 00:00 Songs for Freedom Edinburgh Folk Club
Get your Beatle on at this acoustic session that sees local music types playing their favourite songs.
Sun 15 Feb
£3 in advance; £4 on the door
Part of Beatlesfest 2015.
- 15:00 – 18:00 Acoustic Session Fletchers Bar, Birmingham
The Ashridge Trail Half Marathon
Run 13.1 miles of off-road trail through 2000 acres of woodland to raise funds for Rennie Grove Hospice Care. The event is open to all abilities levels and supporters can enjoy a relaxing picnic in the countryside while you get your sweat on.
Sun 7 Jun
£20 before 31st December 2014; £25 after / 01442 820740
- 09:00 The Ashridge Trail Half Marathon Ashridge House, Berkhamsted
Charity Fashion Show
This fundraising event in support of St Columba's Hospice gives guests a chance to drink champagne, eat cupcakes and observe the release of Sylvia Calder's Spring/Summer 2015 collection with a live fashion show. Clothes, cake and champers – eat your heart out, Carrie Bradshaw.
Family panto, with proceeds going to local Battersea charities.
Mon 26 Jan
£15 (Children £8) / 020 7228 1225
- 19:00 – 21:00 Cinderella Christ Church and Saint Stephen Battersea, London
Commando Spirit: Survive The Yomp
Help raise funds for the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund at this special activity day out. Take on the challenge of the Yomp: the intense 30-mile test the Royal Marines have to face to complete their training.
Sat 12 Sep
£150 / 0844 693 1944
- 07:00 – 17:00 Commando Spirit: Survive The Yomp Achnacarry and Spean Bridge, Fort William
Concert for Captured Hearts: Stop Human Trafficking in Scotland
An evening of classical music performed by the Orchestra of the Canongait with conductor Robert Dick and soloists Lindsay Martindale and Asher Zaccardelli. The event is hosted by Edinburgh St Mark's Amnesty group and raises funds for their campaign to stop human trafficking in Scotland.
Sun 15 Feb
£10 (£8) / 0131 225 6293
- 20:00 – 22:00 Concert for Captured Hearts: Stop Human Trafficking in Scotland St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh