After 5pm, Charity
Sorted by popularity / date & time
Back To The Beat In Aid Of The Beatson
Big ol' line-up in aid of Beatson Cancer Charity featuring George Bowie, Ultrabeat, The Rhetoriks, Sparkos, Vance, Zander Nation, Jae Freer, Andrew Love & MC Madman, Stereofunk, Stuart McLean, Aaron Robertson and The Doctor.
Laugh Till It Hurts
A truly impressive line-up of funny people.
Unity – Music For God
DJs from across Scotland come together in aid of Lattitude Global Volunteering. The line-up includes Brad Charters (Kapital), Vinnie Stirrat (Karnival), Monty (Deep), Cam Wil (Deep), Grum (Deep), Kaiser (Confusion is Sex), Euan Strachan and Ben Sloan.
Classrooms for Malawi Burns Supper
Music, poetry and of course whisky at this three-course dinner fundraiser for Classrooms for Malawi. Veggie options available.
Sat 24 Jan 2015
Prices to be confirmed / 0141 636 6119
- 19:30 Classrooms for Malawi Burns Supper The Glad Café, Glasgow
Stoke Golding 85th Open Garden Show – WWI Centenary
Local vegetable growers, flowers growers, bakers and wine makers vie for prizes, with a chance for spectators to peruse and bid on produce.
Sat 5 Sep 2015
Free / 07809 629690
- 18:00 – 23:00 Stoke Golding 85th Open Garden Show – WWI Centenary Stoke Golding Club, Nuneaton
Tea Box Poetry Jam
A night of poetry, from beginners to experienced bards, with plenty of open mic opportunities. Email email@example.com to secure a spot in advance.
Mon 12 Jan 2015
Mon 9 Feb 2015
Mon 9 Mar 2015
AMIS and Rowan Alba Benefit
A bunch of comedians band together to raise awareness and funds for Abused Men in Scotland and Rowan Alba, who support vulnerable people find a home of their own.
Tue 20 Jan 2015
£7 (£5) / 0131 558 7272
- 20:30 AMIS and Rowan Alba Benefit The Stand, Edinburgh
Annual Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity Fundraiser
Charity fundraiser for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Sat 17 Jan 2015
£10 / 020 7833 2022
- 22:00 Annual Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity Fundraiser The Scala, London
Auction of Things Money Can't Buy
Place your bids for a host of great experiences, including minibreaks, life coaching, a trip in a Bentley and more. Of course, money can buy all those particular things, but you get the idea.
Thu 29 Jan 2015
Entry by donation / 0131 229 7565
- 18:00 – 19:30 Auction of Things Money Can't Buy St John's Episcopal Church, Edinburgh
Bobath Scotland Benefit
A night of laughs in order to raise funds for and awareness of Bobath Scotland – the country's only dedicated cerebral palsy charity. Line-up includes the Lost Voice Guy and more.
Mon 12 Jan 2015
£10 / 0844 335 8879
- 19:30 Bobath Scotland Benefit The Stand, Glasgow
Bothwell Philharmonic Choir Christmas Charity Concert
Opera favourites, carols and seasonal songs, featuring special guest soloists.
Tue 23 Dec
£14 / 0141 332 5057
Mark Donnelly conducts, with guest soprano Suzanne Murphy and the Gorgie Salvation Army Band.
- 19:30 Bothwell Philharmonic Choir Christmas Charity Concert Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
Edinburgh Napier University Centenary Choral Concert
The choir sings music by Sullivan, Stanford, Coleridge-Taylor and Elgar.
Wed 4 Feb 2015
£7 (£5) / 0131 225 3847
- 19:30 Edinburgh Napier University Centenary Choral Concert St Andrew's and St George's Church, Edinburgh
Elizabeth I: Virgin On The Ridiculous
Living Spit present a comedic take on the reign of the Tudor monarch, complete with songs, props and live music.
Fri 6 Mar 2015
£11 / 01258 475137
- 19:30 Elizabeth I: Virgin On The Ridiculous The Atkinson, Southport
Wed 11 Feb 2015
£12 (£11; £10) / 01258 475137
- 20:00 Elizabeth I: Virgin On The Ridiculous The Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury
Thu 5 Feb 2015
£12.50 (£11.25) / 01258 475137
- 20:00 Elizabeth I: Virgin On The Ridiculous The Spring, Havant
Also on at:
A glitzy fundraising event for Macmillan. Enjoy a sparkling wine reception and a three-course meal plus entertainment, all for an excellent cause.
Fri 20 Mar 2015
£48 / 07525 655587
- 19:00 – 00:30 Emerald Ball Glasgow Marriott Hotel
The Forget-Me-Not Concert
A gala evening of entertainment in aid of the Alzheimer's Society, featuring artists from the world of dance, musical theatre, opera and television.
Sun 19 Apr 2015
£25 / 01242 258002
- 19:30 – 22:00 The Forget-Me-Not Concert The Bacon Theatre, Cheltenham
Gala Charity Boxing Night
Charity boxing match in aid of the Scottish Spina Bifida Association.
Fri 15 May 2015
£25 boxing only (Dinner with 3 course meal and drinks reception £80; Ringside Dinner Tickets with 3 course meal and drinks reception £100) / 01236 794517
- 18:00 – 00:00 Gala Charity Boxing Night Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen
The Head Bang Theory: Alternative Quiz
Quiz night featuring rounds on alternative music, movies, comics, art, TV and more, with four prizes up for grabs. 10% of the money raised goes to MacMillan Cancer Support.
Thu 25 Dec
£1 / 0131 557 2925
- 20:00 – 22:30 The Head Bang Theory: Alternative Quiz Pivo Club & Bar, Edinburgh
Isabel Hospice Firewalk
Lose the shoes and walk barefoot over red-hot coals burning at over 1200ºF, all to raise funds for Isabel Hospice. Training is given by Blaze Firewalking prior to the event, and certificates are awarded at the end.
Sat 14 Mar 2015
£25 entry fee / 01707 382500
Please note: Isabel Hospice ask that you raise at least £75 in sponsorship on top of your entry fee.
- 18:30 – 22:00 Isabel Hospice Firewalk Sherrardswood School, Welwyn
Maz's Maggie's Benefit
Susie McCabe, Scott Gibson and Bruce Devlin get together to remember Maz Carruthers who passed away after a three-year battle with ovarian cancer and to raise funds for Maggie's Cancer Care.
Wed 21 Jan 2015
£8 / 0844 335 8879
- 20:30 Maz's Maggie's Benefit The Stand, Glasgow
Tarot readers and mediums, reiki and gemstone healing and more at this fundraiser for Forest of Marston Vale Trust and the British Red Cross.
Sat 7 Feb 2015
£2–£3 / 01234 762615
- 20:00 – 23:00 Psychic Fair Forest Centre & Millennium Country Park, Bedford
Rage The Night Rapids
A unique night time team white water rafting experience for children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Fri 27 Mar 2015
£180 reserves a boat for 9 team members / 0845 677 0606
- 19:00 – 22:00 Rage The Night Rapids Lee Valley White Water Centre, Waltham Cross
Dr & the Medics, Carol Decker & T'Pau, Nathan Moore (Brother Beyond), Hazel Dean, Black Lace, Sonia and Feel the Force perform in aid of Rain Rescue.
Scottish Spina Bifida Association: Community Burns Supper 2014
A night of good food (a three-course meal of Scottish produce), local speakers, live music and a ceilidh disco all for a good cause.
Fri 30 Jan 2015
£26; £220 for a table of ten / 01236 794 500
6.30pm arrival for a prompt 7pm start.
- 19:00 – 01:00 Scottish Spina Bifida Association: Community Burns Supper 2014 The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort, Cumbernauld
TigerTime Comedy Night
Simon Evans raises laughs and funds for TigerTime.
Mon 2 Feb 2015
£12.50 / 0844 7701 797
- 19:00 – 22:00 TigerTime Comedy Night G Live, Guildford
Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
Award-winning, veteran American vocalist Bennett and pop provocateur Lady Gaga perform their collaborative jazz album Cheek To Cheek of solos and duets with accompaniment from a big band and live orchestra in support of WellChild, the national charity for seriously ill children.
Mon 8 Jun 2015
£45–£130 / 020 7589 8212
- 20:00 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Royal Albert Hall, London